The next Cavendish Global Health Impact Forum (May 10-14, 2015) which will be held in the beautiful community of La Jolla, CA, emerging global innovation hub of life sciences and technology, and home to a number of venerable scientific research institutions.
Cavendish Global, in partnership with co-hosts – The University of California San Diego, The J. Craig Venter Institute, The Scripps Research Institute, The Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, The Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine, and The Institute of the Americas – will provide a peer-to-peer platform for leading family offices, foundations and sovereign wealth funds from around the world to share their passion for sustainable philanthropy and impact investing in areas of national and global importance. The Forum includes presentations by leading family office members from around the world, accomplished foundations and representatives of sovereign wealth funds as well as the best scientists, accomplished healthcare delivery professionals and health policy experts driving major advances in health and medical outcomes.
World-Class Host Institutions: Each day of the La Jolla Forum is co-hosted by and will take place at one of 5 La Jolla headquartered and internationally respected institutions:
- Sunday, May 10th: At Institute of the Americas (IOA), a Latin America themed evening of cocktails, dinner and entertainment hosted by Richard C. Hojel, Chairman of the IOA
- Monday, May 11th: At the Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment; hosted by the University of California San Diego
- Tuesday, May 12th: At the Scripps Research Institute
- Wednesday, May 13th: At the Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine
- Thursday, May 14th: At the Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment; hosted by the University of California San Diego
Memorable Social Program: To help establish collaborations and partnerships which will endure post-forum and have pro-social impact for years to come, the La Jolla Forum includes a unique social program. The program includes dinner and ‘movie night under the stars’ at The Lodge, Torrey Pines overlooking the world renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course with distant views of the Pacific Ocean (Tuesday, May 12th), a unique evening hosted by Mr. Bill Evans at ‘The garage’; a private, family owned collection of beautifully restored world class vintage automobiles (Wednesday, May 13th) and finally a memorable Gala dinner on the terrace of the J. Craig Venter Institute, overlooking the Pacific Ocean (Thursday, May 14th).