La Jolla Forum
In May 2015 the Cavendish Global Health Impact Forum was hosted by the community of La Jolla, CA, the emerging global innovation hub of life sciences and technology, and home to a number of venerable scientific research institutions.
Cavendish Global, in partnership with our co-hosts – The University of California San Diego, The J. Craig Venter Institute, The Scripps Research Institute, The Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, The Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine, and The Institute of the Americas – created a peer-to-peer platform for leading family offices, foundations and sovereign wealth funds from around the world to share their passion for sustainable philanthropy and impact investing in areas of national and global importance.
The Forum was attended by over leading 100 family offices and included presentations by family office members from around the world, accomplished foundations, representatives of sovereign wealth funds, institutional investors as well as internationally respected scientists, and CEO’s of innovative emerging companies driving major advances in health and medical outcomes.
World-Class Host Institutions: Each day of the La Jolla Forum was co-hosted by and took place at La Jolla headquartered and internationally respected institutions:
- Sunday, May 10th: Cocktail reception and dinner hosted at the Institute of the Americas by Mr. Richard Hojel, Chairman, Institute of the Americas, President and Chief Executive Officer, Family owned Corporacion Frigus Therme
- Monday, May 11th: At the Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment; hosted by the University of California San Diego
- Tuesday, May 12th: Hosted by the Scripps Research Institute
- Wednesday, May 13th: Hosted by the Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine at the Scripps Research Institute
- Thursday, May 14th: At the Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment; hosted by the University of California San Diego, and co-hosted by the J. Craig Venter Institute and Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute.
Memorable Social Program: To help establish collaborations and partnerships to endure post-forum and have pro-social impact for years to come, the La Jolla Forum included a unique social program. The program included dinner and ‘movie night under the stars’ at The Lodge, Torrey Pines overlooking the world renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course with distant views of the Pacific Ocean (Tuesday, May 12th), a unique evening hosted by Mr. Bill Evans at ‘The garage’; a private, family owned collection of beautifully restored world class vintage automobiles (Wednesday, May 13th) and finally a memorable Gala dinner on the terrace of the J. Craig Venter Institute, overlooking the Pacific Ocean (Thursday, May 14th).